How to Choose a Boarding Kennel for Your Dog
Are you one of those dog owners who are planning to go out of town yet are thinking about how your dog will do while you are away? Then, worry no more. It is because you can choose to place your dog in a boarding kennel where he or she can stay for your entire trip. If you worry about your dog’s situation after you leave for the vacation or trip, then it is time that you learn about the things that you should know when choosing Lancaster Kennels for your beloved pet.
Top Things that Lancaster Kennels Should Provide for Your Dogs
Whenever you are in the search for the perfect Lancaster Kennels, there are top things that you should consider looking for. Some of these things are as follows:
- Kennels should have its temperature always controlled. The perfect kennel where you can let your dogs stay while you are away should have its temperature always in control. It is best that you pick kennels where temperature is adjusted to ensure the comfort of your dogs.
- Beds should be changed and washed on a regular basis. A dog’s bed can only be considered as comfortable if it is changed regularly and is also washed to remove all dirt that may affect the coat and health of your dog.
- Should feature outdoor runs for dogs. Since Lancaster is equipped with great lands where dog walks and runs can be done, then it is best that the boarding kennel is offering outdoor runs and even walks for your dog or dogs. This way, you are assured that you can maintain your dog’s overall physical health.
- Lancaster Kennels should have clean kitchen area, washing area for beds and dog stuff and also an area where dogs can be bathed. Provided that the kennels that you have chosen have all of these facilities, you can feel assured that your dog is given appropriate care attention in every single day you leave him or her there.
- Make sure that every kennel is clean and secured from any kinds of pests. Given that you have provided vaccinations and flea and worm control medications for your pet, it is necessary that the area where your dog is going to stay is clean and free from any source of parasites.
- The boarding home should also provide complete feeding choices for your dog. It is a fact that there are many dog owners who are careful with the food that their pets eat. The boarding facility should provide food choices for pets and should welcome pet owners who opt to give the particular dog food for their pets.
- Personnel from the boarding facility should be knowledge in administering medications for your dog. If your dog happens to have cold by the time you are leaving him or her in the facility, then it is best that you leave the medications to the personnel and just let them administer it to your pet.
When all of these things are met by a facility among your Lancaster Kennels choices, then that is sure to give your dog the best boarding facility experience.
You can find out more information at the British kennels and cattery Association
Author: Sarah Robinson